Tech Self-Assessment: Weaknesses

 Here is the last column of my technology self-assessment, which was titled very weak/no idea:

Content and Media Creation

Very Weak/No Idea

Web pages:

I cannot create web pages.

I cannot add links to other pages.

Charts/Diagrams:

I can use digital tools (e.g., LucidMap, Google Draw and CmapTools) to create charts and diagrams.

I can share digital diagrams on web pages/social networks.

Dealing with Data/Data Visualization

Very Weak/No Idea

I am not familiar with tools that are useful for creating infographics and data visualization.

Collaboration/Annotation/ Feedback

Very Weak/No Idea

I do not know how to collaborative white board spaces such as Mural and Padlet to collaborate with others.

I do not know how to use collaborative annotation tools (such as Hypothes.is) to annotate and comment upon web pages and pdf files.

Teaching:

I cannot effectively teach and support others to use this document, collaboration, and annotation tools in a learning context.

Computational Thinking

Very Weak/No Idea

Concepts:

I am not familiar with the key concepts of computational thinking: abstraction, decomposition, algorithms, and programming. 

I cannot effectively guide learners to explore these key concepts. 

I am not proficient with tools (such as Scratch, TurtleBlocks, Python) that can support students to learn to code.

Teaching:

I cannot effectively teach K-12 students to productively use computational thinking skills in meaningful ways.

I am not able to effectively integrate computational thinking skills into other content areas (e.g., math, science, ELA).

Emerging Technologies - AR/VR

Very Weak/No Idea

I am not familiar with AR/VR technologies.




Comments

  1. Hey Ayesha...this is a great post! It's clear, concise and honest. There's just SO much tech out there and so much catching up to do. It's a good exercise to figure out what we know, what we don't and what might be important for us to know to best serve our students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ayesha,

    I have a lot of similarities in my weaknesses too (Please see my moodle blog for more details).

    I am hopeful we will learn more of these skills in class. Furthermore, I am hopeful we will all learn how to keep up to date with new emerging technology. Quite frankly, One skill I've just recently considered that I hope Dr. Ardito will teach us is how to make folders to save all the lesson plans and unit plans we'll be making. I've started and it's as disorganized as my schoolhouse.

    Best,

    Mr. Baldi 2021

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment