Tech Self-Assessment: Strengths

 I do not believe that technology is my strong suit, however after conducting this technology self-assessment, I realized that I know more than I think I do. I also discovered that there are a lot of technology programs I have never heard of. And of course, there are some in between where if I received some initial guidance, I think I could figure it out. 

Originally, I created multiple tables on a word document visually organizing each section of the technology self-assessment with columns labeled proficient, need some assistance, and very weak/no idea. For the sake of this blog, I will split them up. 

Starting with strengths, or my proficient column:

Content and Media Creation

Proficient

Photos:

I can take digital photos.

I can share digital photos in various ways.

Video and Audio:

I can record digital audio and video.

I can upload video/audio to hosting sites (like YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, etc.) for easy sharing.

Connected Learning

Proficient

Social Networks:

I understand ethical and privacy standards for the appropriate use of social networks in education.

Dealing with Data/Data Visualization

Proficient

Internet Research:

I can readily perform useful internet searches using text.

I can perform useful internet searches of scholarly materials relevant to education and my content area (if applicable).

I can effectively help others perform productive searches for reliable information.

Data and Data Visualization:

I can organize data (sort, for example) using tools like spreadsheets.

Collaboration/Annotation/ Feedback

Proficient

Tools:

I can use collaborative document tools (such as Google Drive (Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides), and Office 365 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)) to create and collaborate on shared documents.

Computational Thinking

I am not proficient in any of the provided skills pertaining to computational thinking.

Motivation/Engagement

Proficient

I understand how educational technologies can be used to support student participation, engagement, motivation, and learning.

I am aware of the research that provides evidence for the connections between educational technology and student participation, engagement, motivation, and learning.


Comments

  1. Hi Ayesha,

    I think there's a high likelihood that we all have a lot of overlaps on our strengths and weaknesses in our class. I'm just speculating but I look forward to seeing everyone else share their thoughts on their blogs as well as our class discussion later on this week.

    I'm beginning to think universities should make at least 1 semester of computer science mandatory. I know google has some coding games for kids in order to understand loops for example and I'm wondering if maybe teachers should attend training sessions with these types of themes. Also, I think kids should be introduced to these types of coding games in class, maybe a math class for example.

    Best,


    Mr. Baldi 2021

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment