Working with Python

Welcome back to my technology blog!

This week's assignment was a little overwhelming as I was unable to attend the class for it. However, I did not let this bring me down. I watched the recorded lecture and began to explore Python. I went into it with an open mind, although my fumbles with TurtleBlocks was still in the back of my mind.

Watching the lecture recording helped me get started. I was able to play around and write the code for a square etc. The Replit library was a literal vault! It had so many different codes to choose from. I started to think of what kind of project I could create that could "wow" the class, as requested by my professor. Thinking of shapes, I remembered this incredible and innovative museum I visited a few weeks ago in NYC. It's called "The Artechouse." It is an art space dedicated to showcasing experimental and technology driven art installations and live audio-visual performances. The visuals were absolutely amazing and mind-blowing. What made me think about this relating to our assignment for this week was all of the different geometric patterns and shapes in the exhibit. I thought maybe I could try to create something similar to those. 

After much trial and error and constant persisting, I was able to create something that, to me, kind of looks like a flower. I was very proud of myself for sticking with it! Again, that Replit library was very resourceful. I began by naming my turtle "Turty" just for fun :) I then set the color to pink, for a pretty pink flower. Then, I set the dimensions and color for the screen. Here is where the magic starts. I set my code up in a way that it kept repeating making circles, or looping, but in different areas of the grid. I set it to repeat each time with "n+1" so that the newer circle would be in a different place, or each iteration is bigger because it's looping. Check out my screenshot of my cool code 😎






Comments