Prioritizing my Tech Self-Assessment

 The following is a summary of areas of weakness/need for improvement prioritized in terms of what I would like to work on immediately, mid-term, and longer term. 

The first category that I want to immediately work on is computational thinking, however our professor did already mention that he will be leading a session in this area for the whole class. The reason I want to work on this one first is because it is the category that I marked all of the criteria as "very weak/no idea." It is the one I have no prior knowledge on.

The second section that I would like to immediately work on is emerging technologies of AR/VR. This is another content area which I have no knowledge of and would therefore like to learn what it is, and how I can utilize it in my educational instruction. 

The next category that I would prefer to work on mid-term is collaboration/annotation/feedback. For this section, I mentioned that I have no idea how to use collaborative white board spaces such as Mural and Padlet. I also do not know how to use annotation tools such as Hypothes.is to annotate and comment on web pages and pdf files. I want to be able to learn these tools so that I can effectively teach and support others to use these document, collaboration, and annotation tools in a learning context.

The following section I want to work on mid-term is dealing with data/data visualization. This is the second area that our professor said he will be leading a session on for the entire class. I am not familiar with tools that are useful for creating infographics and data visualization, therefore I would like to work on that in order to effectively help others in an educational context.

The next category I would like to work on mid-term is content and media creation. I want to learn how to create web pages (other than this blog) as well as how to add links to other pages. I also have no prior knowledge of how to use digital tools such as LucidMap, Google Draw, and Cmap Tools to create charts and diagrams. I also do not know how to share digital diagrams on web pages/social networks.

The last category I want to work on longer term is connected learning. For this section, I would like some assistance on how to use social networks for my own professional development as an educator. In addition, I would like some guidance with how to use social networks to support the learning of K-12 students. Finally, I need assistance with collaborating with other educators via social networks to ask questions/improve my understanding about how K-12 students learn.

Comments